Stephen L. Heffner Memorial Scholarship
Stephen Heffner gave so much of his life to others. His passion for educating the youth of our community will have a lasting impact on countless lives. This scholarship was created to continue providing a positive impact on students’ lives.
- Applicant must be graduating or have graduated from an Armstrong School District high school.
- Applicant must:
- Be enrolled full-time or part-time in a 2 or 4 year accredited community college, college or university (to include post graduate degrees
- Student should have a GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Student should be involved in community and/or volunteer service
All applicants must complete the online scholarship application, including his/her response to the following essay questions.
1. What sets you apart from other people?
2. What are your goals for your future and how will this scholarship help you achieve them?
3. Describe a time when you volunteered your time to help others.
4. What was the last thing you failed at and what did you learn?
5. How can you make a difference in the world?