The Educational Improvement Tax Credit (EITC) program offers scholarships for eligible students to attend approved private Pre-K-12 schools in Armstrong and surrounding counties.
The application deadline for EITC scholarships is July 15th of each year.
To qualify for the K-12 scholarship, the parents of the student must either reside in or be employed by a company located in Armstrong or Butler Counties. To qualify for the Pre-K scholarship, the parents of the student must reside or work in Armstrong County only.
An eligible student is:
- a school age student (pre-kindergarten through grade 12)
- who is a resident of Pennsylvania,
- who is enrolled in a school located in the Commonwealth of PA,
- who is a member of a household with an annual household income of not more than $85,000, except that an additional income allowance of $15,608 is permitted for the student and for each other dependent (as defined by the IRS) living within the same household.
- To be considered an eligible student with a disability, a student must meet the following criteria: (1) is either enrolled in a special education school or has otherwise been identified as a "child with a disability" as defined in Title 34 CFR §300.8; (2) needs special education and related services; (3) is enrolled in a school and (4) is a member of a household that does not exceed the maximum annual household income. “School
age” ranges from the earliest admission age for a school’s kindergarten program (or if the school has no kindergarten program, the earliest age at which the student may begin school), through the age attained upon graduation from secondary school or 21 years of age, whichever occurs first.
Maximum income allowance if you have:
1 dependent: $100,608
2 dependents: $116,218
3 dependents: $131,824
4 dependents: $147,432
5 dependents: $163,040
6 dependents: $178,648
220 S. Jefferson St.
Kittanning, PA 16201
*Please note that you will not receive any information from us regarding scholarship awards until late September. After all applications are processed, we will send all applicants a letter.