The purpose of the Armstrong County Technical School Scholarship Fund is to provide funds for scholarships for students pursuing a course of study in the trade arts at an accredited career school, vocational technical school or community college located in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
The Foundation hopes that this program will encourage many of our community’s most talented students to consider pursuing occupations in the region following graduation.
Available to High School Seniors and Adult Students
A non-renewable gift
$8,600 Available, to be split among eligible applicants
Full Time or Part Time
The applicant must:
- be a senior or post-graduate student from Armstrong, Butler, Elk, or Cameron Counties in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- be accepted at an accredited career school, vocational-technical school or community college located in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania either full or part-time with a declared major in the trade arts
- maintain a 3.0 GPA
All applicants must complete the scholarship application and complete the following essay question.
Essay is to be no more than one page.
What do you intend to do with your training after graduating?
- 2006-07 David Hipchen
- 2007-08 Diana Himich
- 2008-09 Audra Sensor, Mary Deetscreek and Faith Mergen
- 2009-10 Richard Brown, Benjamin Rearick, Isaac Smith & Alyson Tilley
- 2010-11 Cindy Smeltzer, Rachelle Minteer, Erica Alcibiade & Denise Dillion
- 2011-12 Hailey Fleeger
- 2012-13 Hailey Fleeger & Angelekia Rosen
- 2013-14 Brian Boylan & Anita Yount
- 2014-15 Angela DeAngelo & Noah Tomkiewicz
- 2015-16 Cassandra Clouse & Shania Poney
- 2016-17 Justin Beham & Christopher Schreckengost
- 2017-18 Christopher Schreckengost
- 2018-19 Nicoal Smith & Krista Koprivnak