Alpha Lillstrom Cheng Democratic Process Engagement Scholarship Fund
Alpha Lillstrom Cheng JD, MA is from the New Bethlehem area and a 1993 graduate of Redbank Valley High School. Alpha has dedicated her career to public service and empowering Americans to participate in elections as well as the legislative and regulatory processes. As rural America is often overlooked by political candidates and party platforms, this scholarship is intended to provide financial support to Redbank Valley High School graduates who are interested in giving back to their community and country through the democratic process.
- Available to both high school students and adult students
- Applicant must:
- If high school student, must be graduating senior from Redbank Valley High School
- Be accepted for admission to a four year college or university
- Studying Anthropology, Sociology, Public Policy, Political Science, or Law
- Have school/community activities
- Have run for a student government position (no matter if won or lost) OR secured an internship with a state or federal legislator OR run for an elective office position in local or state government.
- Have employment or volunteer history
All applicants must complete the online scholarship application, including his/her response to the following essay question.
Please write a one-page essay on two (2) of the three (3) questions listed below:
- What has inspired you to work in government?
- What do you hope your contributions will change or improve?
- What was the first election you paid attention to? What was the first election you got involved in and what did you do?