Bruno-Higginson Trust Scholarship
The Bruno-Higginson Trust Scholarship was established to provide assistance to graduating seniors from Armstrong Jr./Sr. High School who are planning to enter the medical or education professions.
- Available to High School Seniors
- Approximately $775 available for each an individual planning to enter a medical profession and an individual planning to enter the education profession.
- Applicant must:
- Be a current Armstrong High School student (with at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA on a scale of 4.0) at the time of application.
- Be accepted at an accredited post-secondary education institution.
- Be an active volunteer with a recognized agency at the time of application.
- Be involved in at least one school-sponsored extra-curricular activity.
*Acceptable medical professions include but are not limited to physician, nurse, physicians assistant, physical therapist
*Acceptable education professions include but are not limited to teacher, professor, child care specialist
All applicants must complete the online scholarship application, including his/her response to the following essay question.
Short-Answer Essay Questions
Using no more than one page, please respond to all four questions.
- Describe your decision related to your choice of a profession in the field of medicine or education.
- Describe your volunteer experience, and its relationship to your choice of profession.
- Describe your school-sponsored extra-curricular activities.
- Briefly describe your need for financial assistance related to your educational plans.
- 2007-08 Rebecca Carlson
- 2008-09 Meaghan Volek (Education)
- 2008-09 Trina Marie Cornman (Medical)
- 2009-10 Allison Brown (Education)
- 2009-10 Addie Bauer (Medical)
- 2010-11 Katherine Wingard (Medical)
- 2010-11 Molly Cavanaugh (Education)
- 2011-12 Kimberly Tarosky (Education)
- 2011-12 Andrew Gaiser (Medical)
- 2012-13 Margaret Long (Education)
- 2012-13 Josee Zydonik (Medical)
- 2013-14 Austin Bittinger (Education)
- 2013-14 Mary Connolly (Medical)
- 2014-15 Emily Claypool (Education)
- 2014-15 Jason Nolf (Medical)
- 2015-16 Megan Blair (Education)
- 2015-16 Roxanne Crissman (Medical)
- 2016-17 Mark Yankasky (Education)
- 2016-17 Taylor Relich (Medical)
- 2017-18 Abigail Trithart (Education)
- 2017-18 Jessica Myschisin (Medical)
- 2018-19 Makenzie Fello (Education)
- 2018-19 Alyssa Lobb (Medical)
- 2019-20 Olivia Emmonds (Medical)
- 2019-20 Sydney Spang (Education)
- 2020-21 Gram Hepner (Medical)
- 2020-21 Isabel Valasek (Education)
- 2021-22 Elizabeth Rosenberger (Education)
- 2021-22 Jensen Stolitza (Medical)
- 2022-2023 Emily Southworth (Education)
- 2022-2023 Sofya Recupero (Medical)