The Bruno-Higginson Trust Scholarship was established to provide assistance to graduating seniors from Armstrong Jr./Sr. High School who are planning to enter the medical or education professions.
Available to High School Seniors
One scholarship will be awarded to an individual planning to enter the medical profession, and one scholarship will be awarded to an individual planning to enter the education profession. These awards are nonrenewable gifts of $750.
The applicant must be:
A current Armstrong Jr./Sr. High School student (with at least a 3.0 cumulative grade point average on a scale of 4.0) at the time of application.
Accepted at an accredited post-secondary educational institution with plans to become either a medical professional (including, but not limited to: physician, nurse, physician assistant, physical therapist) or an education professional (including, but not limited to: teacher, professor, child care specialist).
An active volunteer with a recognized agency at the time of application.
Involved in at least one school-sponsored extra-curricular activity.
All applicants must complete the scholarship application and complete the following essay question.
Short-Answer Essay Questions
Using no more than one page, please respond to all four questions.
- Describe your decision related to your choice of a profession in the field of medicine or education.
- Describe your volunteer experience, and its relationship to your choice of profession.
- Describe your school-sponsored extra-curricular activities.
- Briefly describe your need for financial assistance related to your educational plans.
- 2007-08 Rebecca Carlson
- 2008-09 Meaghan Volek (Education)
- 2008-09 Trina Marie Cornman (Medical)
- 2009-10 Allison Brown (Education)
- 2009-10 Addie Bauer (Medical)
- 2010-11 Katherine Wingard (Medical)
- 2010-11 Molly Cavanaugh (Education)
- 2011-12 Kimberly Tarosky (Education)
- 2011-12 Andrew Gaiser (Medical)
- 2012-13 Margaret Long (Education)
- 2012-13 Josee Zydonik (Medical)
- 2013-14 Austin Bittinger (Education)
- 2013-14 Mary Connolly (Medical)
- 2014-15 Emily Claypool (Education)
- 2014-15 Jason Nolf (Medical)
- 2015-16 Megan Blair (Education)
- 2015-16 Roxanne Crissman (Medical)
- 2016-17 Mark Yankasky (Education)
- 2016-17 Taylor Relich (Medical)
- 2017-18 Abigail Trithart (Education)
- 2017-18 Jessica Myschisin (Medical)