Mable R. Slagle Nurses Training Fund
Available to High School Seniors and Adult Students
Renewable, up to 4 years
Approximately $36,000 available, which may be split into multiple awards
- Be a graduate of Apollo Ridge High School, Armstrong High School, Kiski Area High School, or Leechburg High School
- Be enrolled in a nursing program at an accredited college/university in the US OR
- Entering (first year) a nursing program at a recognized hospital training school
All applicants must complete the online scholarship application, including his/her response to the following essay question.
Please write a one page essay explaining your choice of nursing as a career. Include the following:
- Your personal traits and experiences that believe would make you a great nurse
- Your role models and how they have influenced you
- Your career goals and aspirations
- Your reasons for wanting this scholarship and the importance of this scholarship to the achievement of your career goals
To be awarded in 2020.