Quality Life Services Healthcare Career Scholarship
Quality Life Services has a long history of providing quality healthcare in Western Pennsylvania. In 1973, Kenneth R Tack Sr. and his sons Philip E. Tack and Kenneth R Tack Jr. founded Sugar Creek Rest in Worthington, PA. Quality Life Services has since expanded to include Chicora Medical Center in Chicora, PA; Trinity Living Center in Grove City, PA; Countryside in Mercer, PA; South Fayette Nursing Center in Markleysburg, PA; Henry Clay Villa in Markleysburg, PA; West Haven Manor in Apollo PA; Golden Hill Nursing and Rehab in New Castle, PA; Quality Pharmacy in Chicora, PA; and Fair Winds Manor in Sarver, PA.
Since its origination, Quality Life Services has been committed to providing exceptional healthcare services and career opportunities to thousands of people in our community. As a way of continuing that commitment to quality care and saying thanks to those who have helped to provide it, a scholarship has been established for current employees’ children and grandchildren who are pursuing a career in healthcare.
- Available to High School Seniors
- Approximately $2,850 available, which may be split into multiple awards
- Applicant must:
- Be a high school senior whose parent or grandparent is currently employed by a Quality Life Services Company (An employee of Quality Life Services may apply if that employee fulfills all other qualifications of the scholarship and is able to obtain a sponsor within the facility in lieu of a parent or grandparent. This would be someone in a supervisory role (i.e. Director of Nursing, Shift Supervisor, Director or the facility, etc.) One of the recommendation letters for this scholarship must be from this individual.
- Be accepted full-time at an accredited two or four year college, university, nursing or vocational school in the United States with a declared major in a healthcare field employed by Quality life Services
- Have attained a minimum 3.0 GPA
All applicants must complete the online scholarship application, including his/her response to the following essay question.
On a separate sheet of paper, type your name at the top, along with the name of the Quality Life Services employee you are related to or supervised by, and your relationship to them (i.e. son/daughter, grandson/granddaughter, Shift Supervisor, Director of Nursing, etc.). Then, write a personal statement of no more than one page expressing your reasons for choosing a career in healthcare, including your career aspirations and goals. You may incorporate any role-models you’ve had and the criteria you believe comprise a quality healthcare professional.
- 2006-07 Karissa Morrow
- 2008-09 Ashley L. Kreutz
- 2009-10 Ashley N. Stockwell
- 2010-11 Sarah Young
- 2011-12 Allison Cox, Isaac Fischer & Britani Johnson
- 2012-13 Cassandra Legal
- 2013-14 Christin Barron
- 2014-15 Autumn Kriess
- 2016-17 Elizabeth Petrell
- 2018-19 Brianna Scanga & Kaleb Pease
- 2019-20 Gabriella Minto
- 2020-21 Isabella Valentino