Dr. Henry E. & Victoria B. (Halas) Reich Memorial Scholarship
The Dr. Henry E. & Victoria B. (Halas) Reich Memorial Scholarship was established in their memory to provide financial assistance to graduating seniors of Armstrong High School who wish to pursue a college degree.
Dr. Reich (1923-1993) and his wife Victoria (1925-2008) grew up in Ford City and lived there for many years. They both graduated from Ford City High School and believed strongly in the value of a higher college education.
Dr. Reich graduated as valedictorian of his 1942 Ford City High School class and lettered three years on the varsity basketball team. After his service with the US Army in WWII, he attended the Carnegie Institute of Technology and then the University of Pittsburgh to obtain a doctorate degree in chemistry. This degree enabled him to have a very successful professional career in the chemical and petrochemical industries.
Victoria Reich graduated near the top of her 1943 Ford City High School class and went on to receive a registered nursing degree from West Penn School of Nursing. She successfully raised a family of four children while employed as a nurse at PPG Industries and other health care facilities.
It is hoped that this scholarship will assist a student to attain his/her goals through the higher education Dr. & Mrs. Reich valued so highly.
- Available to High School Seniors
- Applicants must:
- Be a graduating senior from Armstrong High School
- Be accepted and enrolled at an accredited four-year college or university
All applicants must complete the online scholarship application, including his/her response to the following essay question.
Please write a personal statement expressing:
- Your reasons for choosing your major field of study
- Your career goals and aspirations
- Your personal traits and experiences that will help you succeed
- Your role models and how they have influenced you
- Your reasons for wanting this scholarship and its importance to you to the achievement of your career goals
Not yet awarded