The Zane McMillen Memorial Scholarship
Zane Michael McMillen tragically lost his life in an automobile accident at the age of 19. The Zane McMillen Memorial Scholarship was established in 2015 in order to memorialized Zane's life.
Zane was a 2012 graduate of Kittanning High School. His future plan was to serve his country in the military. Zane was very active and enjoyed a lot of activities that included hunting, guns and target shooting, going to the gym, riding dirt bikes, watching movies, wrestling, Mixed Martial Arts, the great outdoors, and playing video games. He loved hanging out with his friends and quoting lines from his favorite movies. Everyone who had the pleasure to know Zane would agree that he was always smiling and making people laugh. Zane often changed his mind about his career before settling on his goal of joining the military, but always, he was focused on public service so he could give back to the community that made him who he was.
- Available to Adult Students
- Approximately $500 available
- Applicant must:
- Be previous graduate of Armstrong School District
- Be accepted to or enrolled in post-secondary education (an accredited college, university or other post-secondary institution)
- Be pursuing a career in any field involved with public service
All applicants must complete the online scholarship application, including his/her response to the following essay question.
Please attach a 1-page essay on how you can benefit others by your choice of career field (must be a field relating to public service). Also, describe your need for the scholarship due to financial hardship.
The applicant will:
- Be an adult student who has previously graduated from Armstrong School District.
- Be pursuing a career relating to public service.
- Show financial hardship.
- Be accepted for admission to, or enrolled in, an accredited college, university or other post-secondary institution.
- 2016-17 Brandon Petras
- 2017-18 Madison Walker
- 2018-19 Ashton Callipare
- 2019-20 Ava Bosco
- 2020-21 Taylor Relich