Geophysical Society of Pittsburgh Scholarship
The Geophysical Society of Pittsburgh Scholarship Fund was established in 2013 by the Geophysical Society of Pittsburgh.
- Available to Adult Students
- Approximately $2,000 available
- Applicant must:
- Be a junior or senior undergraduate pursuing a BS degree with emphasis in geophysics and who is planning to attend graduate school where he/she will pursue a Masters or PHD degree with an emphasis in geophysics OR
- Be a graduate student in geophysics or on a geoscience track emphasizing geophysics.
- Be attending an accredited college or university in the northeast US within the boundaries of the Appalachian basin.
All applicants must complete the online scholarship application, including his/her response to the following essay question.
You have most likely been asked to describe why you selected a geophysics or geology with emphasis on geophysics career path during your interviews with graduate school faculty or as part of your graduate school application. Please provide a one page summary of your response to this career path.
- 2014-15 Caitlin Ahrens & Hanna Brourman
- 2016-17 Shannon Fasola
- 2017-18 Mitchell Hastings, Shelley Gilliland & Shannon Fasola
- 2018-19 Shannon Fasola & Aaron Seidel
- 2019-20 Tobi Ore
- 2020-21 Tobi Ore