Armstrong County Building & Loan Association Charitable Scholarship
The Armstrong County Building & Loan Association has been serving Armstrong County and the surrounding counties with quality service and a friendly smile since 1925. As a community savings and loan, ACBLA takes pride in supporting and giving back to its local community of Armstrong County.
ACBLA is primarily a mortgage lender offering all savings, certificates of deposit, individual retirement accounts as well as debit cards.
- Available to High School Seniors
- Renewable award, provided student remains in good academic standing
- $1,000 per year, for a total of $4,000 over a four year period
- Applicant must:
- Be a senior at a school in the Armstrong School District or Lenape Vo-Tech
- Be accepted at an accredited college, university or community college (does not need to be in the Commonwealth of PA)
*Note: for this scholarship to be renewed for the 2nd, 3rd and 4th year, the student must submit their most current transcripts to the Community Foundation, showing their cumulative GPA, which must meet the follow requirements:
Freshman year: 2.5+
Sophomore year: 2.8+
Junior year: 3.0+
All applicants must complete the online scholarship application, including his/her response to the following essay question.
Write a personal statement of no more than one page discussing your academic achievements, career aspirations, personal goals, your perception of your abilities, financial need and other comments relevant to your application.
- Laurie Enders
- Sydney Spang
- Mariah Kephart
- Lakien Porter
- Madeline Baillie
- Jared Croyle
- Anna Longwell
- Melody Trudgen
- Mya Gladysiewski
- Jacob Bowman
- Miranda Lasher
- Austin Porter
- Ryan Myers
- Eric Hulings
- Holly Dill
- Ryan Toy
- Kolby Relich