Danette “Liffy” Cockroft was a gifted artist who lived a dynamic life that was shortened by illness. Throughout that life she made a lasting impression upon everyone she met. It was the wish of Liffy’s family and friends to perpetuate her memory through this fund. The Danette “Liffy” Cockroft Memorial Fund was established to help aspiring artists and musicians discover and explore new, exciting educational opportunities in music and art.
Available to High School Seniors
The Danette ‘Liffy’ Cockroft Memorial Scholarship is available and is one nonrenewable gift of $750.
The applicant must:
- have attended an Elderton School, either Elementary and/or High School
- display interest and proficiency in the fine and/or performing arts
- show hardship (medical or financial)
- be accepted for admission to an accredited college, university or technical school
All applicants must complete the scholarship application and complete the following essay question.
Please attach an essay of one page in which you define what your involvement in the fine and/or performing arts has meant to you during high school, and how your artistic endeavors have helped you through any medical or financial hardship.
- 2006-07 Justine S. Dickinson
- 2008-09 Kevin Andrews
- 2011-12 Brittany Byrd
- 2016-17 Hannah Blatt